APV Series Miniature Pinch Valve is a solenoid operated device that is designed to open and close tubes for controlling flow of liquids and gases. Other valve types have internal passages that may cause small amounts of fluid to remain in the valve. Pinch valves have no areas or dead volume where fluid can become trapped. Only the inside of the tubing contacts the fluid. Energizing the solenoid retracts or attracts the plunger, which opens or closes the tube. De-energizing the solenoid will allow the plunger to return to its original state.
Common industries that use pinch valves for the benefits of isolating fluid from a mechanical valve include: drug dispensing, laboratory equipment, waste water, medical devices, chemical, food and beverage equipment, ceramic/glass/plastic, and bulk and solids handling.
Precautions for use
- Do not operate in locations having an atmosphere of corrosive gases, chemicals, sea water, or where there will be contact with the same.
- Do not apply higher than the allowable operating pressure in the tube, this will result in fluid leakage or tube burst.
- It is advised to replace the tube from time to time to avoid tube bursting.
- To avoid damaging the solenoid in solenoid-operated pinch valve, do not apply higher than designated power continuously. The coil may heat up and do not touch the coil with hands.
- In locations which receive direct sunlight or raining, please provide a protective cover.
- The product will be out of warranty period should the product be dis-assembled or re-assembled.
- The product cannot be used as an emergency shut-off. The system should be installed with a safety device to prevent damage to the system.
KaoLu Ent. Co. Ltd. products are warranted to the original purchaser only against defects in material or workmanship for 6 months from the date of manufacture. The extent of KaoLu’s liability under this warranty is limited to repair or replacement of the defective unit at KaoLu’s option. KaoLu shall have no liability under this warranty where improper installation or filtration occurred.